IF YOU HAVE A STORY TO TELL WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
We're interested in real, lived experiences, told honestly and written in the first person,
with you at the centre of the story.
A story involving something familiar from everyday life can work really well especially
if there are unexpected insights.
If you are interested, either submit a short synopsis of approximately 50 words
or, if the piece is already written please do send it.
We welcome articles of any length up to about 1000 words.
We work collaboratively with contributors to help present your work in the best possible light.
We recommend reading previous issues of Friends On The Shelf to get a feel for the tone of
the pieces we have included.
Friends On The Shelf, 93 Cranley Gardens, London N10 3AD
We look forward to hearing from you.
Rachel Swann, Editor
Please read the guidance notes below.
1. We do not publish fiction.
2. All pieces submitted must be previously unpublished.
3. We read everything we are sent and promise to give you an honest response. As we are a very small editorial team, please bear with us if it takes a little time.
4. We may request to hold over pieces for a forthcoming issue.
5. Publication of Issue 4 is planned for autumn 2021 and Issue 5, spring 2022.
These publication dates might change.
6. We regret that we are unable to pay our contributors though as the magazine grows we hope this will change.
All contributors will receive a free Special Copy of the magazine in which their work is featured and can purchase further copies of issues at a discounted 'contributors rate'.
7. You can choose to be published anonymously.
8. We do not publish pieces involving character defamation or that may compromise privacy.